Saturday 16 March 2013

What I miss about Modelling and My Inspirations to Start Again


When I younger a lot of people use to tell me I should be a model. I suppose because I was rather skinny and tall. (Both aspects of myself that I hated during that time) So to be told I could use these things to an advantage sounded like a fantastic idea.

I started trawling the internet spending hours and hours looking for ways to get in to it. The first photoshoot I did I was so nervous. I had no idea what to do, it was for a modelling agency in Aberdeen. A couple of weeks after the shoot they sent me a letter rejecting me from their agency. I still have this letter. I was so upset but I wasn't ready to give up. It was hard work and lots of travelling back and forth from Scotland to London. For a long time I worked 2 jobs and modelled so I could afford the train fairs to get to London. I had to tell agents and photographers that I lived in London or they wouldn't book me. So when I got a call about a job often I had to jump on the train the next day to make the 7hr journey to get to London.

Eventually I moved to London when I was about 19.  I travelled, spent a lot of time in LA and New York. Worked for Victoria Beckham who told me she saw my pictures in OK magazine and thought they were amazing.

The reasons I stopped modelling I don't want to get in to as it is pretty upsetting for me but I feel like I have unresolved matters with modelling that I am not quite finished with it. That I want to end it on my own terms and give it one more go.

In 2012 I started doing a little bit of modelling again, a few photoshoots. The first one was awful, my confidence was so low. I hated every minute of it, I was uncomfortable, nervous, self concious and afterwards felt like I had totally forgotten how to do it all.  Then came the 2nd which went a bit better and the 3rd was ok although I still felt totally 'out of the loop'.

This time I want to take it slowly and not do things I am uncomfortable with. This time I know it isn't life or death and will do it to be proud of myself.  This time I will do it for myself and NOBODY else.  This time I will do it my way.

I am not quite ready to get back in to the industry as I still feel I am very fragile. Hopefully sooner rather than later I think it is worth a try. If I don't I think I may regret it.





I would like to do more commercial modelling like catalogues and online retailers like misguided.co.uk or boohoo.com I feel like these would be far safer options to start with and see how I go.

Maybe doing some proper shoots for my blog is a good idea too... what do you think?






16 comments:

  1. you look stunning you have such long legs! if you are passionate about it then you should definitely go for it :)

    www.fashionfumblings.com
    www.bloglovin.com/fashionfumblings xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louisa!! I hope to soon... will keep an update on my blog xxx

      Delete
  2. You look amazing in every single photo I wish you all the best in what ever you choose to do because your a lovely girl :-)

    Jamie-lee xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks chicky that is so lovely of you to say :-) xxxxxx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap, i used to really hate being tall and skinny! Your legs look bloody awesome in those photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose they are the things that make you stand out. Thanks Leona. xx

      Delete
  5. Wow you are sooo supermodel material! I used to hate it when It was yound, I was also tall (lanky haha) and skinny but somehow I'm not anymore lol. WOW you worked for VB =O =O Go you! Never give up, Miss Guided or Boohoo - HIRE HER! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks lovie! You are so sweet. Yes miss guided and boohoo listen up!! :-)

      Delete
  6. Good luck honey. I hope you get back into it and do whatever makes you happy :) If you're ever back in London and want to test with no pressure it'd be awesome to collaborate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky thank you. What were you thinking of for testing in the future... no pressure sounds good :-) xxxx

      Delete
  7. You are beautiful... I know it is hard to see that in ourselves. We are our own worst critics... believe me, I pick myself apart daily... I work on that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Launna for your compliment and for your honesty :-) I think a little bit of honesty goes a long way xxx

      Delete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Do what feel right to you. Good luck.

    Laura-Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look like Giselle in that picture on the catwalk with the denim skirt! beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx