Friday 31 May 2013

REVIEW | Barry M Summer 2013 Gelly Nail Polishes with Swatches











When I got sent these in the post I was so excited to try them. I love how the colours are bright, different to the normal pastel colours for this time of year. Not that I don't love pastel colours because I do! See my post dedicated to Pastel Pink here :-)

I was as eager as a beaver to get them on my finger tips! Come to mumma!

Here is a little run down of my thoughts on all 5 colours...

Guava
This isn't really the type of colour I would wear along on my fingers but it looks Better on my tootsies which is fine with me! (2 coats needed)

Blue Grape
This is my absolute favourite. Bang on trend for this season, this colour of blue was all over the runways. Two coats of this and your finger tips look amazing! My new fave nail polish!! (2 coats needed)

Mango
This and Guava are my least favourites. This colour on my fingers just does not look that great,  again, on my toes however, it looks fab. (2 coats needed)

Passion Fruit
This is a fun, bright colour. I really like it. Perfect for summer and very easy to wear. Would look great on your toes on the beach. (1 coat)

Key Lime
I didn't think I would like this colour but I really do. It is so different to what I would normally wear and it has totally grown on me. How fab does it look?! (2 coats needed)

The thing about this collection of polishes is that they look pretty amazing together.  I have had fun creating some funky nail art looks!



I have reviewed a Barry M Gelly polish before, in Lychee here, so I didn't want to go in to texture, drying time etc too much. But these do take a little longer than other polishes to dry. The best tip I have is to paint the first layer really really thin, it will probably look streaky and uneven but that is ok. Wait as long as possible an hour or more is preferable. Then on the 2nd coat, make it very slightly thicker than the first. Done! You don't need a top coat because these are super duper shiny but if you want one just make sure you wait at least an hour after the second coat before applying :-)

They are £3.99 each and available in Superdrug 5th June and Boots 12th June.

That is it for now beauties.

What do you think of these polish colours? Will you be buying any of them?




Don't forget you can follow me on


27 comments:

  1. Passion fruit is my fave, such a pretty colour for summer! :) x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. U are totally right there! lovely and bright x

      Delete
  3. These are so bright! Love them
    Blue Grape would have to be my favourite
    Estelle x
    Let Me Go xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are gorgeous and so opaque! My favourite would have to be passionfruit and guava.

    Louise
    Vanity Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those colours would look lovely together too!

      Delete
  5. I love the love heart! These look lovely, cannot wait to get my hands on them
    http://beautysupergirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. these colors are gorgeous. they all my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue Grape looks awesome and defo one to buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guava looks sooo lovely! I bought the Hi Shine 'Prickly Pear' colour a while ago and looove it.
    xxx

    www.sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blue grape is lush xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue Grape and Passion Fruit are amazing, I will be getting them as soon as possible! I am in love with the gelly range, the finish is so nice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue Grape looks gorgeous! I said I wasn't going to buy any nail polish for a while cos I have so many, but it's just too nice not to :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I hadn't seen another blue quite like it :-)

      Delete
  12. I love these, I have it in Lychee but I'm dying to try Guava! So pretty.

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lime green in my favorite... I am wearing the color now... than I love the mango... beautiful :)

    I really want to try this brand of nail polish... maybe I will treat myself to a few of my favorite colors soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like green is such a lovely fresh colour :-) I think these polishes r great value :-)

      Delete
  14. The shade 'blue grape' looks incredible! x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx