Thursday 9 May 2013

What to Wear to a Wedding | With Guest Blogger!


Well hello there. 

Dum dum de dum Here... it comes again. Not the bride, well close, wedding season. It seems like everyone and their dog is getting married at the moment (not to their dog, well I hope not) and it leaves me wondering "what the hell do I wear?


There is always a dilemma! Is this dress too short? can I wear a Maxi dress? Is it too casual? Can I wear a hat? So many questions!!! Urrggh it drives me bonkers.


My general rule is to play it pretty safe. You don't want to be the one who turns up looking like a bright pink blammonge while everyone else is wearing nudes and pastels... ooops! Not fun.


Occasionally I will wear a hat but it is always a fairly un ostentatious cream one with a little netting on the top. It can easily be removed if you are feeling out of place. I wouldn't recommend anything big, bright and fancy, wedding are not ladies day at Aintree!


So with this in mind I have made up a few outfit choices for a wedding guest look. One is if you are feeling fruvillent and are rolling in dough, also known as my dream look! And the other is more of a save option, also known as what I can afford!


So here they are beauties, let me know what you think!!





Strappy Lace Prom Dress | Topshop | £65
I adore this dress. I tried it on recently in store and it is just adorable. The bodice is structured and the lace sits so beautifully at the top. A perfect Wedding guest dress.

Nude Diamante Bow Shoes | NewLook | £29.99
These shoes go perfectly with this dress. They are cute and girly with the diamante bow giving them a bit of jazz. Definitely 'prom' like which fits in with the style of dress.

Pink Deco BEad Embellished Clutch | New Look | £19.99
I think this bag is fab. It looks like a vintage piece and reminds me off a 1960's prom. It has a delicate chain to be worn over your shoulder to complete this prom style look.








Chloe Ruffled Silk-Blend Organza Dress | Net-a-Porter | £2,825
It actually made me feel a bit sick typing the price there but this is my dream look so I will have to keep dreaming. Anyway, this dress is the perfect colour and length for a wedding. The frilling at the neck and shoulders add a special touch to this little number. With the colour keeping it simple.

Christian Louboutin Troca 140 Python Peep-toe Pumps | Net-a-Porter | £965
I love these beauties. The colours are amazing and would go so well with the Chloe dress, adding a bit of jazz. Love Love Love! Now to sell my soul to afford them...

Saint Laurent Arty Gold-Plated Glass Ring | Net-a-Porter | £180
I think this ring would finish off the outfit so well. The colours definitely match perfectly. The dress is quite a statement so I don't think you would need a bangle or any other jewellery, just this gorgeous ring.


Guest Blogger

I also decided to include a guest blogger in this post because I thought it would be a nice way to show a different idea of a wedding guest outfit from somebody other than myself. So without further a do I introduce to you Olivia Cook.  

She has a lovely blog Pooches & Peonies , I love the looks she creates. She definitely has great taste! Don't forget to follow her on Twitter @Oliviaaimee 

And here is Olivia's What to Wear to a Wedding Look...




Tamara Graphic Print Dress- £1,306  Peter Pilotto at Matches
Kitten Cat Eye Sunglasses- £12- ASOS
Metal BouclĂ© Jacket- £44- Mango
Combination High Heel Sandal- £29.99 Zara
Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in 'Distracton'- £18 Chanel



That is it for now Beauties...

What did you think of our Wedding Looks?




Don't forget you can follow me on





13 comments:

  1. I love the first dress and accessories, however; I do love the shoes with the second outfit... Either one will look amazing on you;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeh thanks so much. I tried the first one on in Tooshop and really loved it :-)

      Delete
  2. That Chloe dress is something else! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isn't it amazing!! The price makes me feel a bit sick though lol x

      Delete
  3. I personally like the first dress the most, but absolutely loveee the SL ring. Simply gorgeous.

    Louise
    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the topshop dress is adorable and the ring... Gorg x

      Delete
  4. Love how different all these outfits are! Thanks for having me!

    O xx
    poochesandpeonies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure!! U have such great style lovely!

      Delete
  5. I love the 'save' outfit - so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) it took me so long to find the right shoes lol x

      Delete
  6. Any of these would look pretty amazing! Shoes are just so gorgeous too! Love you to check out my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely!! you can never have enough shoes :-)

      Delete
  7. Hello, you used to write fantastic, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a bit out of track! come on!
    la photo studios

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx