Thursday 2 May 2013

REVIEW | Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion for Fair to Medium Skin



For the last few months I have been totally off fake tan. I just wanted to be my own skin colour for a while and embrace the pale! But with the sun beginning to peep out (among the hail and snow) I thought I would venture in to the build up your tan gradual tanner moisturiser route. I haven't tried anything like that for years so I didn't have a clue where to start. Where better to ask for advice than from my fellow bloggers?

I was recommended the Dove Summer glow and decided to jump in and try it! Off I went to the shops and ended up picking up a bit of a haul which I blogged about here.

There are 2 options with the Dove Summer glow, Fair to medium or medium to dark. Obvs I chose the lighter one because my skin is super pale at the mo. It was £2.49 which I think is an abolsute bargain for a 500ml bottle.

I really like the packaging of this product. It is very sleek and has a good lid for keeping the product fresh with no spills.

The smell is quite pleasant and there is not a hint of tanner stench when you open the lid, which I really didn't want. With a gradual tanner I don't like to feel like I am applying fake tan or I would just apply fake tan. So thumbs up there.

The colour of the actual product is a lovely peachy pink and the texture is nice and thick. After slathering it on everywhere bar my face I felt a little sticky for half an hour but after that faded I was left with a lovely moisturised bod.

The next day I noticed I was looking a little more tanned (in some places). Especially around my stomach, I could see my belly button was paler inside. I applied it again that night and waited in anticipation to see my colour the next day.

I looked even more tanned after the second application. Probably more so than I thought I would. I did note that I had quite a few streaks, notable on my arm and on my shin which I wasn't too impressed with, I didn't think this gradual tanner would be as dark as quickly.

I stopped at the 2 applications due to the streak. It faded very evenly after a couple days.

Overall I would say I will be using this again. It is a very easy product to use and does what it says on the tin. I don't really have any complaints but note that it will streak if put on unevenly so I will pay a lot more attention to rubbing in fully.

Great if you want to create a slight colour change and will build with more applications. A good way to start the summer sun leg showing celebrations!

Have you tried Dove Summer Glow?

11 comments:

  1. I really like this fake tan too and I've been using it a lot recently :) I use Medium to Dark though as I feel I get a stronger tan quicker! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be interested to see what the medium dark looks like :-) x

      Delete
  2. I haven't fake tanned in ages, but like you I'm starting to want a bit of colour now the sun has started to come out! I think I have one of these Dove gradual tanners in my collection already I'll have to dig it out and put it to some use! x

    Stacey| Beautiful Solutions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Its not quite sunny enough for full on fake tan but a little gradual is good x

      Delete
  3. I was disappointed when I used something similar a few years ago, it was streaky, it faded and it smelt horrid xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehh thats not good!! The smell of this is quite pleasant but some do stink yuk x

      Delete
  4. This is the second time today I have come across this product so I think it's a sign for me to try it out lol. I wasn't that impressed with the last gradual tanner I used but I have heard good things about this one so I'll definitely be picking one up next time I'm out shopping :) x

    http://www.beautyboxuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth a try just remember to rub it all in and you should be fine :-)

      Delete
  5. I tried this last year and loved it! Using the garnier one at the moment which is lovely too! The little sheep are cute too haha! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I didn't know garnier did one i really like their products will have to give it a go :-) the sheep ha ha thanks x

      Delete
  6. This is the first time i have used this product and i have to say how disappointed i was with it as a self tanning lotion, I `ve been using it for a week and my skin hasn`t tanned very much. It is very good as a body moisturiser but that is about all. I have used much better self tanners than this and i wouldn`t buy it again. I`m glad i didn`t pay full price for it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx