Monday 29 July 2013

Bourjois Bronzing Primer Review and Swatches

Hip-Hooray-Hi

How are you doing today beauties? I am excited to write this review because I have been testing this product out for the last few weeks but I wanted to wait before I dived in head first and recommended something that wasn't as brill as I thought.

So let me start by saying that the Bourjois Bronzing primer is £9.99 in Boots but in Superdrug it is only £6.99. I bought it in Boots (dog damnit). But when I repurchase it will be form Superdrug for shiz!

Anyhoo lets get on with the review...

At first glance the colour in the pot is very similar to the Sleek bronzer from the light contour palette and the Bourjois Bronzing Powder in medium/51 but I can assure you, it is very different. I could go on forever about the differences but that would make for a very long post. All I will say is that in my opinion it is a lot better than the other two in terms of colour, blendability and overall texture.



The consistency of the Bourjois Bonzing Primer is a lovely smooth and silky mousse. It is extremely blendable and buildable which makes it easy to apply. You can build the colour until your heart is content. I am cautious to say that it would be suitable for very pale skin but it is definitely worth a try because the consistency and colour is so fabulous. Not a hint of dirty mud or orange anywhere in sight.

I just can not say enough good things about this product. It is definitely my holy grail bronzer (not my holy grail primer). That would be my only negative, it is not the best primer I have used. Products like Benefits Porefessional do a better job of actually priming, although it does smooth out the skin somewhat. I would think of it as more of a bronzer if you are buying it as a primer you may be slightly disappointed.

I have been using it for contouring and as an all over daily tanner for my face. I have used it over foundation, I have used it under foundation, over primer and under Primer. I have also used it on its own.  It has performed brilliantly in every single task. It has so many uses and it really is up to you what you want to do with it.

I can honestly say that this little tub of goodness has brought a lot of joy to my life and pale face over the past few weeks. 

It is especially useful if, like me, you don't use any type of self tanner or gradual tanner on your face (they give me spots) because now you can have a matching face and body. Result!

Seriously girls this is a great product. It works well with my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply all over my face and my Real Techniques contour brush for contouring, don't worry if you have neither of these as I am sure it would work well with any number of brushes and of course you can always use your fingers.

I have given it a 9/10 for packaging because there is nothing fancy about the packaging although it does the job well, and a 9/10 in value 4 money purely because I paid £9.99 for it and I feel like at the rate I am going it wont last long enough to give it a 10. If I had paid the £6.99 I would have given it 9.5/10.





I would love to hear if you have tried it or if you are going to purchase it.



Don't forget you can follow me on









28 comments:

  1. It's nice that it has such lasting color Ashly... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog.. :) I followed via GFC. come check out my blog too?
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn you girl, you made me want to buy it even more :P lovely review, really informative :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this in my life! Great review :)
    beautysplash75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :-) it is a great product

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha oh dear sorry about that! Thank you, am glad that you found it informative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks, I will check out you blog too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really pleased with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maddy Whittaker31 July 2013 at 14:40

    so happy you reviewed this! ive been hearing so much about it! also just followed you on instagram @gypsywardrobe xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of this, but it seems really nice. I am a MAC girl, so their mineralize bronzers are amazing for me

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl / Enerjiee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh I need to get some mor eof the Mac Mineralize range for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tabitha (Scaredtoast.com)5 August 2013 at 11:11

    I love the review round up you include...so helpful!

    I've only heard good things about this and how it's a potential dupe for the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel. I received the Chanel version around the time this came out so I'm yet to try Bourjois' offering. I did buy their BB Bronzing Cream though. Really unimpressed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this product so much. I found that it didn't work well at all for me under my foundation or as a primer but on top of my foundation to contour my face it's amazing, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to hear what you think of the Chanel one. I swatched it in store and the consistency seemed quite different?! p.s. glad you like the roundup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats the thing isn't it? what is right for one person isn't always good for the next. Glad you found a way for it to work though... what do you use to apply it out of interest?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use the small MAC stippling brush, can't remember the number but it's perfect for it and blends it so well

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok similar to what I use then :-) just wanted to see if I should try another method xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love this stuff - I use this more as a bronzer. Ive used it alone, under and over foundation. I love the non orangey/muddy look it gives....like you said very buildable and natural bronzed tone. Great review :) I was planning on doing one it soon! Smells beautiful haha

    www.apinchofshaz.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes it does smell beautiful too ha ha! Not a sign of orange in sight :-) let me know if you do the review xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. will do hun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I look forward to reading it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey hun I've just posted my review if you want to look :) http://apinchofshaz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/bourjois-bronzing-primer.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. great review! I didn't even notice the image on the top of the jar!! Well spotted ha ha x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this bronzer :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha thank you :) I guess it resembles a bit of chocolate :P x

    ReplyDelete
  26. ha ha it depends what chocolate! i prefer mine a little darker than this usually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. loved the shade...clear and exquisite
    looking forward for further reviews
    can grab some hot Indian outfit at www.varietyhaat,com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx