Tuesday 9 April 2013

My First Haul Post | Superdrug and Boots Loving


Well girlies this is a momentous occasion in my blogging life as it is my very first Haul post. Seeing that I have had my blog for a year it is totally shocking!! A little bit late but better late than never I say!

I am sure I am not alone when I say I love nothing more than spending an hour (or 3) browsing around the makeup isles in Boots or Superdrug trying every tester I can find. When I went to Boots and saw the 3 for 2 offer I was delighted. I have been after a few new nail polishes for a while and thought I would try the Barry M ones as I haven't before. I definitely wanted something sparkly as I love sparkly... who doesn't? But I also wanted to try the gellies so after some serious deliberation with myself, I settled on Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine 311 Lychee, Barry M Nail paint 349 Rose Quartz and Barry M Nail Paint 355 Gold Mine Glitter.

I was seriously desperate for a new mascara and had seen that Carli Bybel recommends L'oreal Telescopic in carbon black so I had decided that was the one I was going to get before I even went in.  And one more thing I needed was a moisturiser/gradual tanner. After asking for advice from my fellow gorgeous and friendly #bbloggers I decided on the Dove Summer Glow Nourishing lotion for Fair to Medium Skin.

Off I went to the till ready to cough up my hard earned dough. To my delight the chashier informed me that I had enough points on my card to pay for all the nail polishes... amazing! Don't you just love it when that happens. Three free nail polishes!! It is like I am getting rewarded for shopping, I should do it more often.

I then hopped along to Superdrug and was delighted to find a good selection of MUA products as I have been lusting after a few of their pieces. See my wishlist here. I tried out quite a few things on my wishlist like the Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder but I felt it was too sparkly. After some serious perusing, I settled on the MUA Heaven and Earth eyeshadow palette. I have wanted it for so long. I also liked a few of the other pallets, if this one goes down well I may pick up another soon.

Well that was fun. My first Haul post. Here is to many more whoop!

Let me know if you liked it or if you think it could have been better xx

20 comments:

  1. the post was fab! Love hauls and your photos were really pretty :) I just picked up some gelly shines too and they're amazing! Can't believe I waited so long! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. Took me all afternoon to get the right pictures lol xxx

      Delete
  2. Love the Barry M polishes they look so pretty, especially the Rose Quartz one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to test them. Review to come shortly xx

      Delete
  3. Rose Quartz is one of my all time favourite glitter polishes by Barry M :) It's so pretty paired over a pink/ nude polish! Lovely haul! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the rose quartz over the lychee might be quite pretty :-)

      Delete
  4. Love your pictures, great first haul post looking forward to seeing more ! :)

    www.littlepieceofbeauty.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my best friends uses the Telescopic Mascara and it seriously looks wonderful on her! I've been wanting to try it out!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it looks better on my left eye than my right?!

      Delete
  6. I have been contemplating getting the MUA palette for quite a while now but have yet to purchase it as it is not often I wear eye shadows, would love to know what you think of it when you have tried it out! I really can't decide whether to get it or not

    Hannah - squidoodles92.blogspot.co.uk

    x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah, I will definitely be reviewing it soon xxx

      Delete
  7. Loved it! The MUA palette looks great! I'm also interested in the self tanner!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I put the tanner on today but will use it for a little while before reviewing!

      Delete
  8. I have the pink glitter nail polish from Barry M and it's one of my favourite polishes now! I will have to get the MUA palette next, it looks like it has some lovely shades in it :) x

    http://beautyboxuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't beat a pink glitter :-) I am excited to try the MUA palette xxx

      Delete
  9. I love and I mean I love the nail polish... I love different colors and I love sparkly nail polish the best :) I want the one that looks gold and black !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes the gold and black one is really lovely. I will be reviewing them all in more detail soon xxx

      Delete
  10. oooo I really wanna try that Dove Summer Glow lotion, hopefully that variant is available here in Philippines. ^_^
    Random Beauty by Hollie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was recommended it by another blogger so hopefully it is good. I will review it soon x

      Delete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx