Wednesday 27 March 2013

REVIEW - L'oreal ReVitalift Rejuvenating Make-Up Remover & Toner










I have been using these products on and off for quite a few years so I feel like I'm in a good position to give them an accurate review.

First of lets start with the L'oreal Vitalift Rejuvenating cleansing rich Make-Up removing milk £6

I really like the pearly texture and look of the bottle. The size and shape is also nice. The product is white and very rich with a silky texture. You don't need much at all. I put it on a cotton pad and it takes my make up off with ease, leaving no trace of the strongest black eyeliner.  

The only thing I am not too keen on with this product is the perfumey smell. However, because I like everything else about it I can put this aside. 

I have sensitive skin and while this product doesn't irritates my skin, I am slightly cautious of leaving on any residue due to the strong perfume smell. I always make sure that I use toner afterwards or I wash my face. 

The great thing about this product is that it leaves my skin feeling super soft. The next day my skin really feels like silk.  

I would say the product name is accurate, I can't emphasise the silkyness of my skin it is soo soft.


On to L'oreal Vitalift Rejuvenating cleansing smoothing toner £6

The first thing I want to note about this product is the strong perfumey smell, stronger than the milk. This is a total turn off for me. I prefer products that smell more natural. 

The second thing is that it is very sticky in texture and leaves my face feeling sticky. So much so that I have to wash off any residue. This is also a turn off for me. Sticky is icky! I once used this without removing residue, then applied makeup. My skin felt so gross! And it also gave me spots.. yuk, never again! 

Although these products are recommended to use together, I really don't use the toner unless I am desperate and even then I will dilute it with water. I just feel it is too strong for my skin. The times I have used it without watering it down or washing my face after use I have noticed some small spots. Not good. I really don't feel it did any of the jobs it is suppose to do.

Overall, I really like the make up remover, it definitely removes make up well and it leaves my skin so silky soft.  The toner... not a fan. Too sticky and perfumey for me. I prefer to use Garnier vitamin enriched toner which is also a lot cheaper at £2.50.

If you are looking for a great make up remover that will leave your skin silky the milk is for you. I would say the milk would suit normal to dry skin best. The toner I wouldn't really recommend for anyone.

I noticed while googling these products that L'oreal have recently renamed this 'Revitalift' rather than 'vitalift'. I believe you can still get the 'vitalift' in some places but from what I can tell they are just the same thing.


What do you think? Have you tried these products?


2 comments:

  1. I love that milk,too... I wanted to try the toner but now I am not so sure :))) thank you for sharing this...^^
    i am your new follower...:) mind to follow my blog,too?
    Have a beautiful day!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ena, it may be different on your skin than mine. I would be interested to hear! thank u for your comment xxx

      Delete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx