Wednesday 11 April 2012

REVIEW - Maybelline the Falsies Volum Express Flared Mascara



The thing about Mascara is that everyone wants something different, thick, curled, winged, brown, black, silver. You get my drift.

What I like is black, curled, voluminous lashes with a natural look.  It doesn't matter if the way the lashes are separated isn't perfect and a few are stuck together, in fact I think this uneven look is far more natural.  And less time consuming than separating lashes with a pin ;-)  The bottom lashes have to be well coated too.

Here is Kim K with very well volumized lashes. It looks like she has had a little more help than just a good mascara. I love this look for a night out. (Tutorial to come)

Kim Kardashian... Very well volumized lashes

So now you know what I look for in a mascara, here is what I thought about Maybelline the Falsies Volum Express Flared Mascara...


AFTER with MAYBELLINE THE FALSIES VOLUM EXPRESS FLARED

AFTER with MAYBELLINE THE FALSIES VOLUM EXPRESS FLARED


Well I have to say I think this might be my new favourite Mascara!!

I love the way it curls your lashes and gives you full coverage (no fussing to get the corners covered).  It is also great for coating the bottom lashes. I am a smudger and tend to get mascara under my eye when doing the lower lashes but no problem with this one.

Coating is something easily done with this mascara. It doesn't dry too quickly and doesn't clump together on even a 3rd coat.

For those of you who like really black looking mascaras I would say this is not for you. It is black but not extreme black.

I have had it on now for 9 hours and it still looks ok from a distance. Up close, not so good.  But come on 9 hours, I would say that is pretty good!!

AFTER 9 hours - MAYBELLINE THE FALSIES VOLUM EXPRESS FLARED 


So, overall I would say this is my new everyday mascara (sorry Mac Zoom lash). But I just love how easy this is to apply and how natural it looks.

For £7.99, it is a bargain not to be missed!!!

Check Superdrug stores in the UK for 3 for 2 offers ;-)]







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx