Wednesday 22 January 2014

HALF WAY UPDATE | NOT THE 1ST OF JANUARY DETOX


Hello lovelies!
Today I am going to give you a wee update on my Not the 1st of January Detox.
It is day 15 and I can't believe I am only half way, feeling like I have been doing this darned detox forever! It isn't all bad though, I have some good news too :-)


Day 10 - Day 12
Side Effects: Still weeing more than usual. Could be all the herbal tea I am drinking!
Feeling: great!
Body changes: Definitely looking slimmer and my stomach is flatter
Sleep: Still not managing to get to bed early :-(
Cheated? No! I am really enjoying how I am feeling so I don't want to. (still got problems with mobile phone management though!!)

Day 12 - Day 14
Side Effects: None
Feeling: Fantastic! Really energetic and great, can't quite believe the change!
Body changes: Lost a lot of bloating (realised how much bread I was eating before :-o)
Sleep: Feeling so proud of myself been going to bed before midnight and falling asleep within 15 mins!!! Seriously can not remember the last time that happened.
Cheated? Finding that I am happy to leave phone alone before bed because I have got so much more done through the day with my energy levels being a lot better

Day 15
Side Effects: Couldn't sleep last night. Brain was fairly active not 'buzzing' like I usually would be though
Feeling: The amount of energy and excitement I have each day is the best it has been for such a long time. At least a year.  Feeling so much happier that I am getting up earlier and getting more done throughout the day. Finding I don't really want to lounge about on the Sofa in the morning or afternoon.
Body changes: Stomach flatter. Thighs definitely slimmer, more room in jeans.
Cheated? Not with food. Was on phone for 10 mins last night when I got in to bed so maybe that was why I couldn't sleep :-( Or perhaps it was that Ross Kemp documentary that was giving me nightmares!!!

As you can probably see things have really improved for me. I can't quite believe how different I feel after 15 days of no caffeine and sugar.  Don't get me wrong I am missing my Latte's like nobody's business but I am wondering if I will go back to drinking them now or will I find an alternative? The thing is I am loving my regulated energy levels throughout the day. I use to be so up and down feeling like I am superwoman one minute and sleepy Sue the next.

Another bonus is that my skin is looking better, less blemishes and no sore under the surface spots so far so good!!

Wildfox Skeleton Earings*

I am excited to see what happens over the next 15 days!! Is anyone else on a detox at the moment or have you tried one before, let me know!!?



Don't forget you can follow me on

1 comment:

  1. Your skin does look radiant, it is not easy to do a cleanse but it feels so great once you succeed :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx