Monday 3 February 2014

Valentines Day Ideas for Singles!


So I was going to do a lovely post on Valentine Day tips, what to buy loved ones blah blah blah... but then I thought what am I doing? I am single! What a fraud! So as you can see I came up with something for single ladies!!! *cue Beyonce Single Ladies song playing in your head*

I don't know about you but I do not fancy sitting at home feeling sorry for myself so here are some ideas to keep you cheery!

1. Go for lunch with your mum
Who better to keep you company on Valentines day than your mum? Get a nice pot of tea, some cakes and have a really good chin wag!

2. Have a Spa day
If valentines day isn't a great excuse to treat yourself then I don't know what is! Book in for a lovely back massage or a relaxing pedicure. After all you've got to love yourself first :-)

3. Volunteer
Offer your time to a homeless shelter, animal rescue center or even volunteer to baby sit for a friend so that they can go out with a loved one. Helping others is a great way to feel good about yourself.

4. Celebrity Crush
Rent a ton of films starring your fave celeb crush. Whether it is Jude Law in The Holiday, Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing or Channing Tatum in Magic Mike. Indulge in their gorgeousness for 1 night only.

5. Shopping
Who knows better than a girl what joy shopping brings? Need I say more. Plus you have the added benefit of not feeling guilty for spoiling yourself because if you did have a partner you would only be spending the money on them instead!!



If all else fails sit on your ass watching tv and eating a huge pizza!!

What will you be doing on Valentines Day?




Don't forget you can follow me on




6 comments:

  1. That's weird - I wrote something very similar here: www.nevertoohappy.wordpress.com/2014/02/02/not-so-lonely-valentines-day/ Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are some great alternatives to having someone special for Valentines... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are nice options, but foe me the Valentines day wouldn't have to exist. If you love someone you can show that love everyday. No commercialized day needed. It can be done 365 days a year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Tash will take a looksy x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx