Sunday 27 January 2013

My New Favourite TV Show!!

I had to do a blog and tell you all about my new favourite tv show.... Hollywood Treasure. I am totally obsessed!!



It is about a movie memrobilia auction company in Hollywood.

Here is what the Syfy channel has to say about it:

"Get an inside view from the life of Joe Maddalena, owner of Profiles in History and the world's largest auctioneer of original movie, television and pop culture relics.
Hollywood Treasure follows Joe as he navigates his way through the intricate world of collecting showbiz and pop culture memorabilia: from the Wicked Witch of the West hat and the vintage Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car to Mary Poppins' carpet bag and other unforgettable props and costumes.
Each episode takes viewers into the fascinating world of showbiz and pop culture memorabilia, with the season opener traveling to "Middle-earth" and featuring actor Sean Astin’s Lord of the Rings collection"

I find it so interesting to see all these items from films I have seen and fiding out where they are and who owns them.  Like the Ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz which sold at auction for $2,000,000

Joe examining the Ruby Slippers
The Ruby Slippers


People have vaults and warehouses of memrobilia.  I would love to own the batman costume,  or something belonging to Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn. Or even something from one of these movies:

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Titanic
Home Alone
Batman
Superman
Back to the Future
Mary Poppins




Batman 2 screen used costume

Has anyone else seen this programme?

If you could own something from a movie what would it be?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx