Who doesn't enjoy a good rant every now and again? My chosen subject today is beauty and the beauty industry. There are so many things I love about this industry but here are somethings which get on my wick...
1. The nail polish on your toes lasting soooo much longer than it does on your finger nails! How annoying is it when you go for a mani/pedi and by day 3 your finger nails are looking less than perfect but your toes are still fandabadozy for the next 4 weeks. What are you suppose to do? Paint your finger nails the same matching colour for all that time?
2. Products that don't do what they say on the tin. Why say a product doubles the length of your eyelashes when it is nothing more than a wand in some black goop and does absolutely nothing of the sort. Surely it is obvious that people who buy it will be peeved when they find out it doesn't do what it is suppose to! Needless to say they will not repurchase or recommend it to a friend. On another note... do not advertise your product as a gentle makeup remover if it is going to sting my eyes like high heaven when I put it on!
3. Products that smell so strong you can taste the fragrance. Who wants to put anything on their lips that smells like it has just come out of a Tommy Girl perfume spray? Seriously? I sure don't.
4. Overpricing. You see that a brand is advertising their latest glitter nail polish and think oooh that is beautiful but can I justify the £18 price tag? No, let me tell you that you can't because the chances are that you can pop in to your local boots or superdrug and pick up the exact same formula or something very similar in a different bottle for £2.50.
5. Ridiculous advertising. There you are sitting watching the x factor when on comes an advert for the latest anti aging cream, not only are the people in the advert super models but they are about 22. Come on... do you really expect us to believe that a) these girls have used this product for said time before filming the advert giving them such beautiful complexions and b) that these girls actually had any wrinkles to begin with!
what are your pet peeves beauties? I would love to hear about them.
Don't forget you can follow me on