For this tutorial you will need:
- Nail varnish ( you can use more than 2 colours if you wish)
- A sponge
- Cotton buds
- Nail polish remover
1. Ok first thing is first, shape your nails and make sure they are tidy.
2. Paint your chosen nail polish on to the sponge like so
3. Place the sponge adjacent to your nail ready for application. I apply variably, so one coat I do left to right then the next I do right to left. This helps to maintain an even application per nail.
Press down on your nail with the sponge.
4. Repeat with every nail on one hand.
|After first coat|
5. Reaply nail varnish to the sponge after every coat and repeat steps 3 and 4 until you are satisfied with the coverage on your nails.
|I apply slightly differently after the first coat, you might find rolling with the sponge over the nail like this easier.|
After 4 coats, I am going to do one more because the tips of some of my nails are still not fully covered.
Okay I would say that is enough, 5 coats.
|After 5 coats.|
5. Next, let them dry 2-3 mins.
6. Pour some varnish remover in to the bottles lid, dip your cotton buds in and remove excess varnish from your fingers.
7. Apply some clear varnish as a top coat. I find this prolongs chipping so worth doing.
|after removing excess varnish|
8. Done, now you have beautiful 'dip dyed' nails your friends will be envious of! So the secret it out... get painting.
|L'Oreal 207 & 602|
Lots of Love A x